Thursday, December 14, 2006

Shakra chakra cakra

"Shhaaakraa, you have a blockage in your base shhaaakraa," the shakra therapist said, in a dreamy voice.
"Shhaaakraa?" said I, questioning the pronunciation.
"Shhhaaaakraa!" the therapist said as if to draw a line under it.

"May I say something?" I asked.
"Of course, my love." the shakra therapist said.

"I believe you may be pronouncing the word cakra wrong. The word sounds like the English word "chuck" with "ru" as in the first bit of 'rut', without the 't', tagged on the end."
"Oh no! That cannot be right." said the shakra therapist. "My spirit guide, 'Walks Funny Feather Baba', definitely says 'shhhaaaakraaa'. It is soft and long and soothing. It is a mystical Sanskrit word."

"Oh," said I, "I think it sounds like something that Harry Potter's arch enemy, 'He-who-must-not-be-named', Lord Voldemort, might say in Parseltongue to the giant snake.
Shhhaaaaaakkrraaaaaa!" And then I left!

2 comments:

Dan said...

Good one!

Shakra chakra cakra parasamcakra...

Anonymous said...

Vinny,
You really should credit your sources. [LOL]