Thursday, December 21, 2006

Aliveness is all there is...

So... "aliveness is all there is and this aliveness is happening to no one... apparently." Tony Parsons

I spent a bit of time looking at the YouTube videos which come up when one searches for 'advaita'. Some of them are a scream. Conversations/lectures circling around nothing, like linguistic vultures, punctured by [in]appropriate laughter which serves to relieve the tension of the prey. If there is no need for guru and for teaching, if there is no need to practice, why on earth do these chappies do tours and write books? Do they perchance do it for themselves, the very chappies they oft-time claim do not exist.

The reason for this YouTube search -
I was taken to task yesterday for posting the link to the Hare Krishna video. There were accusations of non-dualist-ism. Now the last time I was asked if I was a non-dualist it took the form of an assumptive rhetorical question which apparently required no answer. So I gave none. The truth is, as far as I am concerned, you have to look to history to understand the dual vs. non dual philosophical polemic and then work forward before you can understand the absurdity that it has become in the modern psyche. These are philosophical doctrines playing off against each other - no more, no less. if you want to get involved in such things - good luck to you! It can be fun. [I like to swap sides mid conversation or take the opposite viewpoint of my ... 'combatant'.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like chocolate eclairs filled with fresh cream.

Vinny said...

Ah!
Now you have me completely trounced.

Dan said...

Me too!

eWraith said...

Oho! You have pinched my line Sri Vincent. ;)