Friday, January 12, 2007

My guru has had a face lift

James: My guru has had a face lift.

Jani: A face lift? What for?

James: I believe it is so that the appearance appears younger and more appealing to existing and prospective disciples.

Jani: Ah! I see. Appearances are so important for one who puts themselves in the public eye.

James: I thought you would be annoyed.

Jani: Annoyed? Why would I be annoyed that your guru has had a face lift?

James: I just assumed that you would point out the absurdity of an advaita guru who is besotted with physical appearance to the point that they would spend thousands of dollars on plastic surgery in order to perpetuate their guru-ness.

Jani: Why would I point that out? It is self apparent, as your last statement makes perfectly clear.

James: Yes. You are right. I won't go back.

Jani: Oh! That is a shame. You've invested so much going to the satsangs.

James: Life is a learning curve.

Jani: And... before you know it you are back where you started. [laughter]

2 comments:

Dan said...

Anything can happen, eh?

Vinny said...

...with a good shove from an overactive ego!