Monday, February 19, 2007

How many chakras does it take to make a system?

Dave: I've had problems with my 6th shaakra. It just won't open. There must be a blockage.

Jani: Are you constipated?

Dave: No. Not that kind of blockage. I mean the energy seems unable to flow.

Jani: What energy?

Dave: You know - Kundalini energy - the serpent power.

Jani: I see. You understand these things do you?

Dave: Of course I do. You know that I hold regular courses for seekers.

Jani: Sorry, it had slipped my mind. Which version do you teach?

Dave: The true version.

Jani: How many cakras do you teach in this system?

Dave: Everyone knows that there are seven shaakras.

Jani: Sorry, I did not mean to betray my ignorance, however if I may point something out...

Dave: Of course, please do, if it is pertinent to my problem.

Jani: I believe it may be very pertinent.
If by "true version" you mean the original version then you are mistaken. There is an 'original' system (Matsyendranatha's transmission) which lists only six cakras. The seven cakra system is believed to be a later interpolation, as are the nine, twelve and twenty seven cakra systems. Now... which 'true' system do you 'teach'?

Dave: The one I read about.

Jani: And which one is that?

Dave: I have no idea. It just seemed to make sense.

Jani: Often, when we join the 'new age' dots, things seem to make sense [pretty patterns], don't they!

1 comment:

qbitty said...

so yesterday i asked my indian buddy, dood whassup man, this shit i hear people arguing whether it's said shAAAAkra or cakra, sup with these war:z man is it like Mac v Windowze jihad or what?

he says i don't give a shit whatchu call 'em, i say chkra, but certainly i'd pick shAAAAkra over kaka sounding cakra or maybe you just don't know how to pronounce according to acceptable blogging phonetix? chkra man, chkra! but don't make that 'ch' sound when you order mocha, okay?

crystal clear sensei, crystal meth!